Monday, January 16, 2012

Non sick day Holiday!

Today is Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday and I had the day off! Firs of all, we have come a long way since his speech and I'm glad for that. What a closet world this would be if things had never changed.

Hubby had to work so I had the whole day to myself, and not sick! Besides playing with the dogs and cleaning up the kitchen before I messed it up again, this is what I did with the day...
Made a card.  I actually inked again! It felt real good taking my Copics out again. I realized how much I miss them. This stamps is one that I purchased back in October at the Scrap Exp in Sacramento CA. I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it. One of those moments that you say ' gotta have that' 

I made dinner but I don't have a picture of it. It was a Taco Pizza. The crust was just made with Bisquick. I topped it with refried beans, then taco meat, then tomatoes, olives and cheese. Baked it for about 20 min. Served it with a dollop of cream cheese and fresh cilantro. Hubby actually got seconds and wanted to save it! That's a good thing.

Then, I served this dessert I found on Pinterest (love Pinterest)
The recipe can be found on Køkken69 who also has amazing photo's of this yummyness. This is what it looked like before the Jello was poured on. Hubby is now on his seconds ;0)
 
The Strawberries were cut out with a heart shaped cookie cutter. Such a refreshing idea for dessert.  

Didn't do a whole lot today but it was nice and relaxing.

3 comments:

D'On Marx said...

Sexy card and YUM! I love pinterest too.

Unknown said...

beautiful card! LOVE!

Unknown said...

Yum! Love the heart shaped strawberries.