Monday, January 16, 2012

Non sick day Holiday!

Today is Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday and I had the day off! Firs of all, we have come a long way since his speech and I'm glad for that. What a closet world this would be if things had never changed.

Hubby had to work so I had the whole day to myself, and not sick! Besides playing with the dogs and cleaning up the kitchen before I messed it up again, this is what I did with the day...
Made a card.  I actually inked again! It felt real good taking my Copics out again. I realized how much I miss them. This stamps is one that I purchased back in October at the Scrap Exp in Sacramento CA. I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it. One of those moments that you say ' gotta have that' 

I made dinner but I don't have a picture of it. It was a Taco Pizza. The crust was just made with Bisquick. I topped it with refried beans, then taco meat, then tomatoes, olives and cheese. Baked it for about 20 min. Served it with a dollop of cream cheese and fresh cilantro. Hubby actually got seconds and wanted to save it! That's a good thing.

Then, I served this dessert I found on Pinterest (love Pinterest)
The recipe can be found on K√łkken69 who also has amazing photo's of this yummyness. This is what it looked like before the Jello was poured on. Hubby is now on his seconds ;0)
 
The Strawberries were cut out with a heart shaped cookie cutter. Such a refreshing idea for dessert.  

Didn't do a whole lot today but it was nice and relaxing.

3 comments:

D'On Marx said...

Sexy card and YUM! I love pinterest too.

Janet Perafan-Babar said...

beautiful card! LOVE!

Jani Lewis said...

Yum! Love the heart shaped strawberries.