Sunday, January 13, 2013

Love is in the air!

I love Valentines Day. It's my favorite holiday. Yes... Favorite! Maybe because I know Spring is around the corner, maybe it's the pretty colors, maybe it's actually about romance and love. It just makes me happy all over.

I love this envelope from the Silhouette Store. The back flap has some personality.

This owl is also from Silhouette. Had I been thinking, the edges would have been rubbed a little.

To go with the envelope, I made this card!  This was a freebie at one point.
 I folded the harts and glued just the middle to give it a little pop. Dotted silver with Gelly Roll 'clear star'.
I like the way silver goes with almost everything!

Challenges
Anything But A Card - things with wings (owl)
Cameo Creations - Pink and Brown (envelope)
The Cuttlebug Spot - Triangle (owl nose - yah it's a streatch but a DT did the same thing so it's ok)
Daisy Doodles Creative Challenges - Fresh and Simple (card)
Victorine Stamps - Sparkle and Shine (Silver card + Gell glitter dots)
The Corrosive Challenge - Out with the old (ALL paper except envelope is from old stash)
Our Daily Bread designs - something old and something new (old scraps, new cutting file)
Mygrafic Challenge - anything goes
Top Tip Tuesday - furs or feathers (owl)
Quirky Craft - something pink
Totally Gorjuss - spotty

18 comments:

Samantha said...

Fabulous cards and LOVE the envelope too! Thanks for Playing along with us this time at Top Tip Tuesday Challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

Ps your hearts on your blog are so cute too!

Cassie said...

I love the card and envelope! So cute!! Thank you for joining us at Cameo Creations!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What fun Valentine creations!! I just love your envelope. So sweet! Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!

Lisa M said...

Love seeing what people are doing with their cutting machines and you definitely put these cut files to great use. The envelope really does have a lot of character and that owl is a hoot (pun intended) but I LOOOOVE how you popped up some hearts on the card. That looks wonderful :)
Thank you so much for playing along with us at Top Tip Tuesday!
Lisa xx


Brianna Loeffelbein said...

LOVE this, as you can tell by my DT post I too love owls. Thanks for joining us at The Cuttlebug Spot this week !!

Jannie said...

I have to agree with Brianna, I love Owls toohoohoo!!
I love your owl and I love how you introduced the triangle!

Thank you for joining us at the Cuttlebug Spot!

Cuttlebugs & Hugs
Jannie :)

ileana-carmen said...

Very nice card.

Rach83 said...

Aww, cute! Your heart background is stunning and I love the dimension you've given to just a few of the hearts. Great owl too!

Thanks for playing along at The Cuttlebug Spot. Hope you can join us again soon.

Rachel x

Pinkies Sparkly Creations said...

brilliant card thanks for joining us at daisy doodles and good luck emma xx

Leza krouwel said...

Oh Gail I am not happy...one you beat me with the hearts...and second you have been holding out on this lovely blog...ha ha ha I have now pinched the link lol no more hiding :D :D

Candace said...

this is so nice! love those pop up hearts!!

Thanks for playing with us over at Cameo Creations Challenge Blog!!

candace
scrappin2littleprincesses.blogspot.com

Julie Short said...

I got more than a little excited when I spied your thumnail Gail. I have a passion for owls both the real and the decorative.

Kerry said...

Cute owl. Thanks for joining in at the Cuttlebug Spot this week.

mags said...

A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Corrosive Challenges and good luck.
Mags
x

Christy said...

Gorgeous card and that envelope is equally as FABULOUS :) Thanks for joining us at Anything But a Card! :) :) :)

Made by Mandy said...

Absolutely gorgeous, the heart grid is lovely and your owl envelope would have to be recycled, far too nice to throw away :)

Many thanks for joining in with our Fresh & Clean challenge over at Daisy Doodles Creative Challenges, hope to see you again soon.

Mandy (DT member for Daisy Doodles)

Deneen said...

A lovely card, the owl is so cute, and I love the heart leaves in the tree. Thanks for joining the Fur or Feathers Challenge at Top Tip Tuesday.

Ceci V. said...

I wanted to make this card too, yours is so beautiful!

Thanks for joining the Cameo Creations Challenge :)

www.craftinginthenight.com