Monday, August 20, 2012

To the Fair!

We took a trip to Huntington Beach California last month to go to hubbies high school class reunion. Although THAT was a dissapointment (30 years doesn't bring a lot of people back!) We had fun going to the Orange County Fair! I love Fairs! It gets my country girl juices flowing.



We said hi to this guy...
SAY HI!

And some of his neighbors...





Saw a HUGE horse! Can you tell I'm taking the picture from where MY head is and he's still taller than me at 5'6''! I had better photo's but they definitely let you SEE that he's a BIG boy! LOL so I decided not to post them here as to not offend anyone that might be sneaking a peak at my blog.

We visited this cutie too! (can you smell the mashed potatoes and gravy too?)

This one was singing away like no one was watching...

These were 4-H sheep. So clean. Unfortunately I think the others were laughing at this one. He's just setting a trend, that's all...

Watched piggies race their hearts out...

Then watched the pro's...

Saw some great quilts...

with funness in them too!...



Some needlework...

A lot of imagination...

Some tole painting...

Handmade woodwork. Man this was awesome!

Hands on demonstration of making a mushroom...

My dream stove/oven...

People abducted by aliens! I thought it was worth sneaking a picture of all these people getting their teeth whitened AT A COUNTY FAIR! really guys? C'mon! 
blurred photo because I snuck the picture.
Some chicks... 


I also found out that you were to trellis your cucumbers. Hence why my watermelons were trellised in this post! haha! live and learn!


1 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh how FUN! Love those racing piggies and the turkey.