Monday, March 26, 2012

Daring Bakers - March

It's that time again to share with you what the Daring Bakers were up to this month!

Dutch Crunch -

I LOVE Dutch Crunch bread. It's my bread of choice when it is a choice so I was super excited to see that it was the challenge this month. I took the recipe from The Baking Barrister because her's looked fantastic!

The second part of the challenge was to make a sandwich with your bread.  In this sandwich, DH made a lamb burger. But not just any lamb burger, he put in spinach and Feta Cheese. It was wonderful!

Did you know that the crunch onto of the Dutch Crunch is a separate topping? I did not know that! It's made with rice flour. I was plum out of rice flour from making my dog treats so I decided to give it a go to make my own. I ground up regular white rice. Then, I didn't realize that I needed to sift LOL  It was all good. The crunch wasn't break your tooth crunchy. Actually, had I not told DH what I did, he would never had known :)  I do think tho, that because I didn't sift it, the top was thicker and eventually would crumble. Still tasted good and that's always good.

I'm so making this again :) But this time with sifted rice flour ;0)

I'm having so much fun with the Daring Bakers I've requested membership into the Daring Cooks! So fun!

1 comments:

EMS said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed the challenge. Your bread looks great and your sandwich sounds absolutely delicious. Yum!