Friday, March 18, 2011

I get it!


Do you remember when you just had that feeling of Ah Ha but then realized it was a 'well duhh' moment? I had mine today. I've had my Cricut for a little while now but never really played with it. I started to play today on my Furlough. I'm thinking I'm getting it now! I have the SCAL program and have several cool SVG down loads. I used one of the down loads for my exploding box a while back and loved it! Well, today I stamped and colored an image but didn't want to just cut her out like a square. She deserves better then that! ;) I remember seeing on Penny Duncans blog that she thought you how to cut out an image with out messing it up. So I gave it a shot, crossed my fingers and covered my eyes. IT WORKED! YAY!!! I can't tell you how excited I am! So after that hallelujah moment... I used some new paper I got last week which I'm so loving! BasicGrey Hello Luscious. yummy! Then I used another new toy I got from MFTS. My beautiful die-namic for the scallop. The stamp is and Elizabeth Bell from Sugar Nellie.
This card only took me a couple of hours to make! OK well, most of that time I couldn't take my eyes off of the screen to watch Burlesque. This is a MUST see movie. Wish I saw it in theaters.

K... Off to play some more! Have a great weekend!

entering this one for:
Creative Card Crew: green

4 comments:

Elara said...

Hi! I clicked on your blog link from Creative Card Crew Challenge. Your card is gorgeous! I'm going to get some Sugar Nellie stamps too. And I love your A-HA moment. :)

Debbie @ Phatelara

Caroline said...

Great card!! Perfect for our Show us some Green Challenge this week at the Creative Card Crew.
Caroline DT xxx

Anonymous said...

This card is SO SO SO SO pretty!!! I love all the vibrant and warm colors!!!! Don't you just LOVE the Shaplies and the cut technique.....we're so not limited to a particular square size!!!! ;) I hope you have a very blessed day!!

Jane said...

Gorgeous cards! thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp! hugs, Jane x