Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Long time no see!

Sorry it's been a while. I have been making things but just haven't taken the time to share them :( So the OSW cards that I made for Christmas? I made a couple of set for my mother of 'thinking of you' and 'just a note'. I love how they turned out. One set was made so she can give them to guy or girl and the other one is strictly girlie :)
Then.... I took them to work to show them off...;) and ended up making some Valentine ones with Amanda! Actually, we were to go to a SU! card making class but it turned out the class was canceled, the lady just failed to let us know until just before we were to go out there. BUT we still got our craft on.
Then.... I got an e-mail from some Pine something or other craft store in California on a couple of classes they were going to put on for Valentines Day. Of course we wouldn't be able to make it but they were offering a purchase of the class by mail! I was excited and AC and LK wanted to get a kit too and we were to get together and complete the kit! Sounds fun right? Well, unfortunately when I called them last Friday I never got a call back from them. One of the projects is one of those exploding boxes. I've always wanted to make one and I remembered that the fabulous Penny Duncan had a cut file for one of these. So I downloaded her file for FREE and used my SCA and Cricut to make one.My DH thought it was cool enough that he asked me to make one for one of his high school friends son who just underwent surgery from shattering his wrist :( Poor guy. So this is his without all the decorations. The idea is that his Mom will go around and have family and friends sign the tabs and use this as a get well card :) Pretty clever guy right?
So as you can see, I've actually been busy. Other things I've done but can't show you because I've already given them away is Christmas stuff including scrap pages! Yes... I've finally made some pages! Now to put the pictures in them :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your card sets are AWESOME!!!!! And your exploding boxes turned out FANTASTIC!!!! Thank you SO much for letting me see.....you do GORGEOUS ART!!!!

D'On Marx said...

Those are cute! Good work chica. I love the explosion boxes.