Saturday, July 16, 2011

Thinking of You!

Almost a month again? Dang...

Well, I've gone on vacation.. first stop was around Grants Pass Oregon, Love the wine tasting at this place...

and visited family! My little sister who lives in Tillamook OR for some fireworks and BBQ's!

LOVE their cheese!

Then it was on to Hubbsters side of the Fam of whom I've never met in the 15 years we've been together! I know, I know... Next was Bend, Oregon to visit his cousins and their families. Beatuiful area especially if you're an out-doorsy type. Lots of lakes, skiing, biking, fishing... we didn't do any of that because we were too busy visiting :-) We did however get to a Brewery and did some Beer tasting. Hubby liked it which meant.... I didn't. It's just the way it's worked for us from the beginning.

Next stop was in Emmett Idaho to visit his Great Aunts and family. Had so much fun there. Antiqueing, found some REAL Hawai'i shaved ice (I mean REAL and not because of the lei!)...
Aunt Bev and Aunt Toni filled me in on their Mothers Persimmon pudding and sent me off with 2 of her secret cans to make them in! I was so excited that they parted with those.
We had such a great time with them and can't wait to do it again but in the truck this time so we can actually spend money we don't have for things we don't need! LOL
Our total miles on this ride was over 1600! My butt was a little tender by the time we got home but it was so worth it!
So, Aunt Toni makes cards too and just with the home decor she got me itching to make another somethin' somethin' so Here's what it is.
I used the paper I bought MONTHS ago from Modern Homemaker called October Afternoon. LOVE this stuff. So 50's I think.
Link
I stole the layout idea from Laurie at Just Give Me Stamps... She rocks... (I'm just sayin')
I used my Expression along with my SCAL and cut out some shapes after I tweaked them a little.. got the 'doily' from SVGcuts, Shaplie from Penny Duncan Creations and figured out the circles all on my own with the shapes file LOL.

thanks for hanging in there and hope is isn't another month before I share my part of this world with you :0)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am extremely impressed with your writing skills and also with the layout on your blog. Is this a paid theme or did you customize it yourself? Either way keep up the nice quality writing, it's rare to see a nice blog like this one these days.. :)

Unknown said...

Cool. It looks like you are having fun! Good for you :)

Just wanted to tell you that you read my mind. My birdhouse boxes are filled with chocolate...at least for now...LOL

D'On Marx said...

What a fun trip! For some reason the movie Wild Hogs comes to mind when I see the bike picture. hahaha

Love, love, love the card. Too cute!